Eat a diet that’s moderately high in good fats and proteins along with quality fiber, eliminate sugars and starches, and we’re on the way to eliminating candida in your body, and the toenail fungus.
Eat Plenty Of:
- Colorful vegetables – these nutrient-packed whole foods provide essential vitamins and minerals, help heal and repair the gut and boost the immune system.
- Cultured goat or sheep’s dairy or fermented foods (organic and raw) are beneficial for replacing good bacteria in the gut since they provide probiotics. Probiotics help control yeast and also have numerous immune-enhancing effects. Sources of probiotics would be goat yogurt or kefir and cultured foods like kimchi, kombucha or sauerkraut.
- Vegetable juices/green drinks – Green vegetables will help improve your immune response and flush waste, toxins and bacteria from your gut. Avoid adding fruit and sugar to your green drinks and focus on fresh veggies. You can use a small amount of organic stevia extract to help sweeten your veggie juices since it contains no sugar.
- Coconut oil, ground flax and chia seeds – Flax and chia seeds are anti-fungal and provide healthy, healing sources of fats. Coconut oil does the same, it also contains lauric acid, a powerful antimicrobial and antibacterial fatty acid.
- Garlic, turmeric and cinnamon – all effective for fighting bacterial infections, virus and poor gut health
- Unsweetened cranberry juice – Cranberry juice creates an environment that is unpleasant for yeast. Make sure to look for a 100 percent pure unsweetened cranberry juice.
- High quality proteins from grass-fed, pasture-raised, cage-free and wild-caught chicken, beef, eggs and fish, if you choose to eat animal products.
Vegetable Protein Sources
- Almonds, bean sprouts (all kinds), bee pollen, Blue-Green algae, brewer’s/nutritional yeast, chlorella, Go Ji berries, cereal grass powders, green leafy veggies (spinach, kale, arugula, collards, green cabbage, parsley, etc.), hemp seeds, Maca, sea phyto-plankton, olives, bee propolis, pumpkin seeds, Spirulina, sprouted grains, sprouted wild rice, pinto beans, Brazil nuts, dried coconut meat, filberts, oatmeal, split peas, pecans, rice bran, sesame seeds/tahini, fresh soybeans, organic, fermented, sprouted, soy bean tofu, tempeh, soy milk, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and a non-dairy protein powder.
- Dragon’s Den Green Drink Mix, 1 tablespoon daily > Green Drink Recipe
Have a majority of your foods be alkalizing…
Alkaline Food Sources
- Green vegetable juices and Vegetable Smoothie
- Leafy green vegetables
- Adaptogen herbs
- Cereal grasses
- Medicinal mushrooms
- Certain fruits – lemons, limes and grapefruit
- Sprouts and micro-greens
- Certain fermented foods
- Wild edible greens and edible flowers
- Aloe Vera
- Bee pollen
Foods to be Avoided or Greatly Limited:
- Sugar – all types as much as possible, including cane sugar, coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup. Sugar feeds yeast, so you should avoid it.
- Grains – grains wind up breaking down into sugar molecules which as you know, feed candida, yeast and bad bacteria. Even whole grains (like oats, rice, quinoa) are capable of worsening the problem, limit grains.
- Fruit or fruit juice – is high in sugar and can make candida worse. Fruit juice also lacks fiber and therefore causes blood sugar spikes that can lead to cravings, low energy, inflammation and poor immune function.
- Alcohol – produces more yeast and should be avoided.
- Food intolerances – Some yeast infections are due to food allergies. Avoid foods that cause negative reactions of any kind and pay attention to symptoms you experience when eating things like dairy, eggs, certain nuts, wheat-containing foods and grains.
Following this protocol for several months might solve the problem for good, and then you can slowly reintroduce sources of sugar like fruit, or whole grains while monitoring your progress. Let’s keep in mind that some candida or yeast sufferers have lived with their condition for years, so combating the issue might take more than just a few weeks or months.
Eating in accordance with an anti-candida diet for six months or more might be needed for some people, and for a percentage eliminating all refined carbs, sugary foods and alcohol permanently might be necessarily in order to prevent the overgrowth of fungus from returning.
Click the link for > Part I of this series
Click the link for > Part III of this series