Castor oil packs aid in elimination and detoxification. Castor oil packs have many applications and are used in many conditions including fibroids, cysts, headaches, migraines, constipation, intestinal disorders, gallbladder and liver conditions, and other dysfunctions when used properly and consistently.
Small/dish towel, piece of flannel
hot water bottle or heating pad
1) Apply a generous amount of castor oil to the desired body part
2) Put a piece of plastic wrap or a plastic bag over the area you just put castor oil on
3) Place a dry dish towel or flannel over the plastic
4) Place a hot water bottle or heating pad over the towel/flannel
5) Cover all with a larger towel, creating a tent-like effect to keep the heat in (If too hot place a second towel/piece of flannel over the plastic)
6) 20-minute minimum rest. You may sleep, use visualization, or meditation at this time.
Baths are especially useful for people with toxic bioaccumulation of xenobiotics. The hot water increases the blood flow and capillary action near the surface of the skin, causing a faster release of toxins. The heat also increases sweating and opens pores, allowing toxin-containing perspiration to be excreted more readily. Follow these general instructions for both the plain-water baths and the detox baths.
Wash your body thoroughly with a mild soap in the shower before you take your bath and scrub with a loofa sponge, sisal mitt, skin brush or rough washcloth to remove excess body oils, dead skin, and any accumulated toxins. Rinse thoroughly.
Fill the tub with water as hot as you can tolerate without burning your skin, Cover the tub’s overflow valve so the water level will be high enough to immerse your body up to your neck.
Begin with a 5-minute soak in hot water. Do not exceed 5 minutes for your first bath, Gradually increase the time by 5-minute increments until you can soak for 30 minutes without experiencing symptoms,
Gently massage your muscles with a skin brush while soaking to increase circulation to the skin,
After soaking, take a cleansing shower. Scrub thoroughly and wash your hair. If you continue to perspire, repeat shower.
Take your tolerated dose of Vitamin-C before and after each bath. If you’re taking any antioxidant supplements, take them before your bath.
Drink an 8 ounces glass of filtered water before, during, and after your bath.
Take detox baths 3
times a week until your general health has improved. The use of baths
once or twice a week prevents the accumulation of toxins.